Wednesday 15 May 2013

Things to 'Die' For - Embossing Folders


 
Welcome to our new bi-monthly feature Things to 'Die' For where we invite you to tell us about your favourite products and why you like them. We will focus on a different product each month and we are starting with Embossing Folders. I'm sure we all agree that they add so much to a project and can be used in so many different ways - to create beautiful backgrounds, you can emboss die-cut shapes, cardstock, thin metal, vellum, acetate and more and ink the folder then run it through your machine for a great effect. You can also make your own embossing plates using die cut chipboard shapes and glueing them to another piece of cardstock. This is a great way to make a unique product for your projects. 

We want to share with you our favourites, so here are the designs teams picks, then after that it's over to you. Lets hear about your favourites and why.

Jannie

1. Swirls by Couture Creations Intrinsic - because the swirls are feminine and chique and make anything beautiful instantly.

2. Cupcakes by Craft Concepts - The cupcakes speak for themselves! They are always happy and festive.
3. Birds by The Paper Studio - The birds have a great shape and I just love birds.

Deneen

1. Craft Concepts Budding Vine - I love the small pattern, it's very delicate and feminine looking.



2. Sizzix Loving Thoughts - I love the frame, it makes for quick, easy cards...just add a sentiment in one corner, then add a few flowers, done.  Or you can dress it up by layering in the oval frame.  Lots of options with this one!
3. Cuttlebug (Provocraft) Swiss Dots - EVERYONE needs this folder, it's a staple to have in your stash, it goes great with anything.

Kerry

1. I totally agree with Deneen that Swiss Dots is a must have folder but I also have another favourite.Polka Dots from QuicKutz - A mix of large and small dots, perfect for all types of projects.


2. In Stitches from Craft Concepts - Perfect for mens and ladies cards.
3. Forest Branches from Provocraft - I love this folder for Autumn cards and it adds a rustic look to mens cards too.


6 comments:

  1. I have just purchased a brick wall folder that is awesome especially when you use ink inside the folder before popping it through the machine. Another of my faves is Retro Swirls and Lattice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like embossing folders. My go to embossing folders are Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl & Swiss Dots. I like Honeycomb design so I have several Honeycomb embossing folders including Sizzix, Stamin' Up & Tim Holtz. Like the new BIGshot that is blue but wish that if they were making a new they would add the ability to be able to put thru wider things not Spellbinder Grand but put the embossing folder thru in wider direction. Not tried to make my own embossing folders and may have to give it a try.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your suggestions are going to cost me money! My favourites are Cuttlebug roses - great for pretty cards, Cuttlebug Diamond Plate for men's cards and Craft Concepts Florette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every scrapper needs the Swiss Dot Folder - I have used this numerous times - I have around 30 or more embossing folders - maybe more - I have not counted - Love using embossing folders through the Cuttlebug. Darcie and Sizzix brands as well as Snellen Nellie are among my collection - I have mad my own embossing folders using the Cuttlebug Kits - I created one with Mickey Mouse Hat - not too difficult to do. Works pretty well too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have many yet but the ones I love are Swirls and dots both by docrafts and flowers from provocraft.
    No idea of the numbers or proper names sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love small designs on my embossing folders. I have folders from probably every company that makes them and continue to see more I would like to add to my already very large collection.

    ReplyDelete